10 Telltale Signs You Should Seek Drug Rehab
Outpatient Drug Rehabilitation in Colorado
Substance abuse is a problem that needs to be addressed as soon as it is recognized. Effective drug rehabilitation at leading rehabilitation centers, such as Colorado Clinic in Thornton, can help patients overcome addiction and cultivate a drug-free lifestyle.
Unfortunately, many people do not realize that they are abusing drugs for a long time. Here are the most common signs that a person is suffering from drug abuse and should seek treatment at a rehab immediately.
There are 11 criteria defined by the DSM-5 for substance abuse:
- The drug often taken in larger amounts or over a longer period than was intended
- There is a persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control drug use
- A great deal of time is spent in activities necessary to obtain the drug, use the drug, or recover from its effects
- Craving, or a strong desire to use drugs
- Recurrent drug use resulting in a failure to fulfill major obligations at work, school, or at home
- Continued drug use despite having persistent or recurrent social or interpersonal problems caused or exacerbated by the effects of opioids
- Important social, occupational, or recreational activities are given up or reduced because of drug use
- Recurrent drug use in situations where it is physically hazardous
- Continued Drug use despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent physical or psychological problem that is likely to have been caused or exacerbated by the substance
Tolerance, as defined by either of the following
- A need for markedly increased amounts of drugs to achieve intoxication or desired effect
- A markedly diminished effect with continued use of the same amount of Drug
Withdrawal, as manifested by either of the following:
- The characteristic drugs withdrawal symptom
- Drugs are taken to relieve or avoid withdrawal symptoms
The severity of the substance abuse depends on the number of identified symptoms. Mild substance abuse patients will only display two or three symptoms, while a moderate substance abuse disorder usually has four or five symptoms. Six or more symptoms means the individual is suffering from severe substance abuse disorder.
The drug rehab in Colorado offers outpatient drug rehabilitation with Suboxone, which avoids the cost and time associated with inpatient rehab. Call us at 303-622-5001 for more information.