Top 5 Reasons for Hormone Replacement Therapy
Hormones are responsible for the stimulation or regulation of several processes in the human body. But hormone levels are a delicate balance and a decline that naturally occurs as we age.
Out of all the hormones, the decreases that affect us most are thyroid hormones; testosterone in men and estrogen for women.
The most effective solution to this problem is Hormone Replacement Therapy. Here are the biggest benefits of HRT.
Top 5 Benefits of Hormone Replacement
- Maintaining Bone Density: A decline in hormones can lead to brittle bones, or osteoporosis. The lack of estrogen in post-menopausal women and of testosterone in men can also lead to bone loss.
- Night Sweats and Hot Flashes (in Women): Hormone Replacement Therapy or HRT is the best treatment for one of the most frustrating symptoms of menopause – the night sweats, hot flashes, and mood swings.
- Erectile Dysfunction (in Men): Testosterone optimization in men can help improve erectile dysfunction and other sexual problems such as premature ejaculation.
- Emotional Well-Being: With age and a hormonal decline make men and women more susceptible to depression, anxiety, and mood swings. Hormone replacement therapy can return them to improved emotional well-being.
- Pain Management: HRT, especially testosterone can have an anti-inflammatory effect. It can improve joint health and back pain.
The doctors at Colorado Clinic offer the latest treatments in pain management, hormone replacement therapy, regenerative medicine and drug rehab in Boulder CO.