People make all kinds of resolutions to start the new year, but how many ever get any benefits from them? The number nine, in 2019, means to complete or bring to fullness in your life, so let's take a healthy direction this year, and choose resolutions that will improve our lives. A few successful choices can help change our lives for the better.
At Colorado Clinic, we love finding new ways to bring positive changes to our clients' lifestyle. Here are ten simple, healthy resolutions to enhance your life one step at a time.
1. Maintain an Attitude of Gratitude: A grateful mindset offers a new perspective, and it opens the door for love and joy to come flooding into your mind, body, soul, and spirit.
2. Stay hydrated: Drink at least eight, eight ounce, glasses of water to allow your body to function well.
3. Designate time every week with family and friends: Even if it means setting time aside to make sure you text or call them back.
4. Prepping and prepare a healthy meal: Find new healthy recipes, and get family members to join in and all of you will reduce stress while preparing a nutritious, delicious meal to enjoy.
5. Rest and relax: Everyone needs seven to nine hours of sleep per day. Learn to relax without screens one hour before bedtime, dim display lights, use dark curtains, and lower the thermostat several degrees before turning in.
6. Do something active for 15-20 minutes every day: Choose an activity you like, so you won’t quit, but accelerate your heart rate to keep feeling young and thinking clearer.
7. Join a group: Participating in a group enhances YOU! People were meant to be together, so join a yoga group, a cooking class, a church or spiritual group, and get involved!
8. Get an annual physical: Most people forget, but by scheduling an hour, you can take control of your healthcare by monitoring vital blood tests.
9. Investigate your ancestry: Write down important dates, occupations and medical issues for the next generation.
10. Try to destress every day: Enjoy a cup of tea or take a long bath with Lavender oil after a stressful day.
At Colorado Clinic, we are looking forward to a happy, healthy year ahead for our clients. As you include several of these healthy resolutions in your life, please feel free to contact us to learn more healthy ways to improve your everyday life.